2. Enter your 9-digit Student ID (OSIS) number. (You can find your Student ID number on a report card or an IEP document.)
3. Enter your birthday.
4. Click Continue.
5. If the information you enter matches your student record, your username will be displayed.
6. Next, you will be asked to change your password.
7. Pick a password that only you will know (not something common like Password1)
8. Re-enter your password.
9. Click Update Password. The student’s email is the username then @nycstudents.net. For instance, if the username is marias34 then the email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. Right now, students can only email NYCDOE staff, but this may open up a little in the future.
By August14, families who borrowed iPads from the DOE will receive an email or text about preparing DOE-loaned devices for the first day of school. Families will be asked to take action to ensure that their child’s iPad is updated and ready to be used for remote learning, including:
Turning on the iPad;
Reconnecting to internet;
Making sure content-filtering in enabled (Zscaler);
Signing in to the Learn at Home app; and
Using the iPad as a Wi-Fi-enabled, personal hotspot.
If you borrowed an iPad from the NYCDOE (not from PS 103) and you are having problems connecting to the internet or Google Classroom, please try the troubleshooting solutions #1 and #2 below. If these do not resolve the problem, please contact the Tech Help Desk using the directions directly below.
Call NYCDOE Tech Help Desk: 718-935-5100
Provide your child's name and OSIS number (student ID)
Provide the iPad Asset Tag (number on sticker)
Explain that the iPad will not connect to the internet and your child can not use Google Classroom.
They will create a ticket for this problem and a specialist from the Remote Learning Department will contact you.
When the iPad is connected, be sure to log in to Google Classroom with your child's nycstudents.net account (NOT the ps103.net account).
Solution #1: No Internet
Troubleshooting Connectivity Problems with NYCDOE Issued iPads